The aim of the course is to introduce basic concepts and methods for analysis, modelling and control design of linear dynamical systems such as different kinds of system models (differential equation, transfer function, time and frequency responses, state space models), commonly used concepts of stability (Lyapunov, asymptotic, BIBO), reachability and observability, step response and frequency response based output feedback controller design, state feedback and state observation. The course should serve as an introduction into the world of system analysis and design and should provide the background for study of advanced control design approaches. \\Výsledek studentské ankety předmětu je zde: http://www.fel.cvut.cz/anketa/aktualni/courses/XE35SSM
1. Dynamical system, examples, kinds, properties. Description by differential equations and state space equations.
2. Linear systems, principle of superposition, convolution integral, impulse and step response. Laplace transform, transfer function, Fourier transform, frequency response. Time delay. Discrete-time systems, difference equation, Z-transform.
3. Zeros and poles, their effect on time responses, connection of differential and state-space equations, system realization, state transformation. Solution of state-space equations, modes.
4. Linearization. Stability.
5. Reachability, controllability, observability, constructability.
6. Feedback, scheme, transfer functions, control requirements in time and frequency domain.
7. PID control, root locus.
8. Nyquist stability criterion, frequency response based design. Lead and lag compensators.
9. State feedback, observer, state feedback with observer.
10. Algebraic control, digital control.